Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect will not install

erl9008
Level 1
Level 1

Error states:

"This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Please use the regular windows installer."

erl9008_0-1702407820580.png

Anyone run across this? PC is Intel I5 Gen13. Thanks

8 Replies 8

what Windows version are you running, and what AnyConnect version are you trying to install?

Also, does your user have administrator privileges when trying to install the AnyConnect software?

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

The main question is why are you trying to install a Stone Age version and not the actual version of Cisco Secure Client?

Unfortunately , my employer has control of what I use. Spoke with IT yesterday , turns out the problem is that the system keeps downloading the arm64 version when it should DL the x64 version. They are looking into it.

Thanks,
Eric

If you distribute the client from the ASA/FTD, the OS settings are likely wrong:

webvpn
 anyconnect image disk0:/anyconnect-win-4.9.04043-webdeploy-k9.pkg 98 regex "Windows NT"

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello erl9008,

You can try these fixes...

• Restart PC and reinstall the application/program
  • Automatically update your drivers
  • Update your Windows version 
  • Try to install recent verion of Secure client  if possible

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

alexanderchance
Level 1
Level 1

Which installer is being downloaded from the firewall? Are you on an ARM-computer trying to install the x86 or vice versa?

Vice versa. Spoke with IT , seems to be an issue on their side. Can't see why it would be from mine. This is what it downloads. I have no choice in the matter.

[cid:f1f13ed3-bc99-4f10-ab33-1e3c394a44c2]
[cid:6b720e77-d3b3-41cb-bf72-74b55740150e]

They have to add the Anyconnect/Secure client package for x86 Windows clients. Then you have to use your browser and login and choose download the client again.