Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5505 site to site vpn with internet

kiro_gar8000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have Cisco firewall ASA 5505 (CLI:ASA Version 8.2(2); ASDM version: 6.2(5)).

We had configure VPN (site to site) toward the customs agency. They sent me private LAN and settings  we to configure in ours firewall. The problem is: when we settings up computer from ours inside network with their settings, VPN (l2l) works fine, but computer has not internet access. When I configure NAT (dynamic, static and so on) the computers have internet access, but VPN (l2l) does not work.

I read a lot on the theme, but I can't cope with the problem.

Could you please help me!

I can send the ASA configuration file if it need.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Rich Uline
Level 1
Level 1

Kiro,

Is your device configured for Split Tunneling?

Hi @kiro_gar8000

Basically you should have an ACL allowing the traffic that needs to be encrypted (origem you network, destination other VPN side network), everything else should go to the internet.

NAT will necessary for internet access, what can be done is a NAT exempt on the VPN traffic.

Please, share the ASA config.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hello,

I send you my ASA configuration file.

Hello @kiro_gar8000

Based on your configuration, you want to reach a host on the other end through the VPN tunnel but as per now you are not able to do it, checking the config you are missing the NAT Exemption for the traffic and everything is going to the Internet, you need to add the following: 

access-list nat0_dmz extended permit ip 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 host 10.30.x.x

With this command you will include your internal subnet in the NAT Exemption and the ASA should send the traffic through the VPN tunnel, if this doesnĀ“t work please share the outputs for the following commands: 

debug crypto isakmp 250

debug crypto ipsec 250

packet-tracer input inside icmp 192.168.10.21 8 0 10.30.x.x detailed

HTH

Gio

I am not sure whether you understand me.

We use two type VPN Tunnels (Remote Access and Site-to-Site).

With Remote Access we have not problems, everything work fine. Remote computers get configuration and become part of our private network. They have VPN connection and Internet.

(access-list elkabel_splittunnel standard permit 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0)

Site-to-Site VPN tunnel also work fine. Computers from inside network with following settings:

IP: 192.168.114.x

Mask: 255.255.255.x

Gateway: 192.168.114.x

(interface Vlan4)

realize VPN connection, but they have not Internet with this settings. When I NATing interface Vlan4, computers have Internet, but VPN connection does not work.

If you understood right this, and your recommendations are the same I will try this.

I waiting your answer.

Thank you for your opinion.