Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 8.2(5)44 connection fails on Windows 8

jbarata26
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm having a strange problem when a VPN access from Windows 8 through the Cisco ASA. The connection is made successfully, but I can not access resources such as a website over port 443, where the error occurs connection failure, as if the port was closed, but when I try to access from Windows 7, the access is performed smoothly.

I'm using the ADSM version 6.4 (9) and ASA is 8.2 (5) 44. The type of tunneling is IPSec and authentication is LDAP.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you all!

Jorge

12 Replies 12

Murugesan K
Level 1
Level 1

ASA - 5520

software version - 8.0(3)6

Cisco VPN client (5.0.07.0440)

When i connect VPN using windows 8 machine, the connection has made successfully however i am not receiving any route from firewall (which are configured in split_tunnel).

The same configuration are working fine on other machine windows 7, XP..etc...

please someone suggestion solution for this issue

Since the development of VPN Client is discontinued, I don't think Cisco VPN Client is supported by Windows 8.

You should switch to AnyConnect.

Michael

Please rate all helpful posts

Michael Please rate all helpful posts

HI Michael,

Even anyconnect also not working, can u please share the URL to download the software which is work fine for windows 8

thx

Hi

i have installed cisco anyconnect secure mobility client version 3.1.04059 still its not working in windows 8 machine

What is not working? Installation? Starting? Connecting?

Michael

Installation was successful when i am connecting error offering as no validate certificate

is it possible to take remote and check this

You should check/debug the serverside

Michael

Hi

we have installed SHREW soft VPN client in windows 8 machine, now its working fine in windows 8.

Can u please suggest whether is it secure to  use as VPN client for ASA - 5520

Authentication via PSK or certificate?

Michael

through pre-shared key

If you use Main Mode and not Aggressive Mode, and also AES with SHA (not 3DES / MD5) it should be safe enough.

Michael