cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Could not connect to server. Please verify Internet connectivity

delciocarlos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody, i'm getting the error Could not connect to server error. Please verify Internet connectivity and server address, when I try to open anyconncet on a Windows 11 PC but if it's Windows 10 it's working fine, are there any items on Windows 11 that affect the VPN connection?

9 Replies 9

is your internet connection of PC working properly? check PC firewall and network access to find if it blocking any connections from that PC with error

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

My conexion is ok, i even disabled the firewall, but the problem still persists, i only have this problem on machines with Windows 11, those with Windows 10 are working fine

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If windows 10 working as expected - and you have only issue with Windows 11 (as suggested check local Firewall disable)

any antivirus software disable and test it.  from windows 11 PC are you able to reach internet ? ( also check Open any connnect have any issues with Windows 11 - check any latest version open any connect and test it)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I don´t have any antivirus on my PC and the firewall was disable

I think there is mismatch between the win11 and anyconnect ver. you use 
can you share the anyconnect ver.?

I tried with versions 4.6, 4.7 and 4.10 on Windows 11

is that same version working on Windows 10 ?

can you post the screenshot of failed in Windows  11

On the headsend side what logs you see ? (any ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

atsynch
Level 1
Level 1

"Could not connect to server" is a general error message that can occur for a variety of reasons. Some possible causes include:

Incorrect server address: Verify that the server address is correct and that the server is currently online.

Network connectivity issues: Check that the device trying to connect to the server is connected to the network and that there are no issues with the network itself.

Firewall blocking the connection: Verify that the firewall is configured to allow connections to the server on the necessary ports.

Server is down or overloaded: Check if the server is up and running and if it is not overloaded with too many connections.

Incorrect login credentials: Verify that the login credentials are correct and that the user account has the necessary permissions to connect to the server.

DNS resolution issue: Confirm that the DNS servers are working properly, and the server can be resolved by the correct hostname.

It's important to check the error message and logs for more specific information about the issue and to check the appropriate service or application documentation for troubleshooting steps.

delciocarlos
Level 1
Level 1

The solution was update the anyconnect in flash, the version 4.7 to 4.10

crypto vpn anyconnect flash1:/webvpn/anyconnect-win-4.10.06079-webdeploy-k9.pkg sequence 1