cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does AnyConnect send out active attempt to connect when not using?

RebeccaH
Level 1
Level 1

I need to use both AnyConnect and PulseSecure VPNs for different clients.  Since I added the AnyConnect Client, I am being dropped from PulseSecure VPN on average interval is around 8 minutes.   The drop times correspond almost exactly to times I see in the AnyConnect Message History log showing "Ready to connect" messages.   

Is the AnyConnect actively trying to connect - and causing the other VPN to disconnect - at those intervals when a "Ready to connect" message is being generated?   

If so, how to I prevent AnyConnect from causing the other VPN connection from dropping?   

I have removed AnyConnect from Windows 10 startup, but I have not found any other configurable settings that I can change to prevent this from interfering when I am using the other VPN.  

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you looking both required to connect, personally i do not think that is possible.

but I  think Cisco any connect always on may be the issue ? If you totdally end task of any connect and is that works other VPN ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

RebeccaH
Level 1
Level 1

I am not trying to connect to both simultaneously - I am aware that connecting to two VPNs is not possible.  I have tried to close it out using Task Manager, End Task, and disabled it in the Task Manager, startup.  Digging further, in background process, hidden under VPN Agent Service, is the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Agent.  However, I the buttons to stop or pause that service are greyed out.  Is there a command in the config files that will allow me to stop and start the service? 

May be you do not have enough rights on this kit to do your task seems to be,

even you close that coming auto start then you need to edit profile and check.

i close in the right corner as below the any connect closes for me :

balajibandi_0-1675126139869.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

BB- I was able to set the service to Manual start, and I removed the AnyConnect client from the task tray.  I'm still having the problem.  

check auto-connect, I think it config to controlled via ASA not via User. 
disable this feature. 

What is ASA?