cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does FTD support authorization-required in tunnel.group ?

ipagliani
Level 1
Level 1
Ciao,
with AnyConnect with ASA using SAML I usually configure:
  • AuthC with SAML
  • AuthZ with ISE
Because I want to be sure that the AuthZ process goes successfully in order to connect I use the command authorization-required:
tunnel-group MFA general-attributes

authorization-server-group ISE

accounting-server-group ISE

authorization-required

tunnel-group MFA webvpn-attributes

authentication saml
Is this command supported on FTD (FMC and/or FDM managed)?

Otherwise, I have to configure a default-group with no access profile:
  • A default-group-policy with vpn-filter DENY ACL (user still connected.. No good experience)
  • A default-group-policy with vpn-simultaneous-logins 0
Any suggestion ?

Thanks
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ciao, let me explain a little more. In a configuration where authentication and authorization process is splitter, for example authentication with SAML and authorization with RADIUS, during my testing lab I see that if the authentication works fine but authorization reply with an access reject, an Anyconnect  user is able to connect with the default group-policy configured on FTD. So  it's not mandatory for the authorize-only config to replay with ACCESS-ACCEPT. 

With ASA I configure the authorization-required command to force a good response for the authorization. But I didn't find it in FTD.

Thanks

View solution in original post

ipagliani
Level 1
Level 1
3 Replies 3

Ciao, let me explain a little more. In a configuration where authentication and authorization process is splitter, for example authentication with SAML and authorization with RADIUS, during my testing lab I see that if the authentication works fine but authorization reply with an access reject, an Anyconnect  user is able to connect with the default group-policy configured on FTD. So  it's not mandatory for the authorize-only config to replay with ACCESS-ACCEPT. 

With ASA I configure the authorization-required command to force a good response for the authorization. But I didn't find it in FTD.

Thanks

ipagliani
Level 1
Level 1

Resolved !!!

Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 16.21.17.png