cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I fully VPN from one network into another to inherit its public ip address?

Kaleem Sheikh
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up a site to site VPN and I have allowed split tunnel on a Cisco ASA 5506-x. When I connect through the Anyconnect on my PC, the internet connection works, but I am connecting from a PC on a xx.xxx.xxx.235 network VPN'ing into a xx.xxx.xxx.234 network and my ip after VPN'ing is still xx.xxx.xxx.235. I need it to to be xx.xxx.xxx.234 because that's our whole reason for setting up a VPN in the first place. How do I fully VPN into another network and inherit its public ip address?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to use full tunnel (not split tunnel) in order to have your PC appear as the VPN headend public IP. You then also need a nat (outside,outside) rule for your remote access VPN traffic.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to use full tunnel (not split tunnel) in order to have your PC appear as the VPN headend public IP. You then also need a nat (outside,outside) rule for your remote access VPN traffic.

Thank you. I think this is what I was missing. Do you know of any document or video I can follow to change my split tunnel into a full tunnel?

You might have a look at this blog:

http://www.dasblinkenlichten.com/full-tunnel-anyconnect-with-internet-hairpin/