cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Implement Site to Site VPN...Need Help...

hi all ,

I need to implement site to site vpn tunnel between A and B two Endpoints.

Ultimate Goal - Communicate between Node X and Y

Our Side:

A - resides in DMZ
X - resides in Server Farm  ( Access Y Server by Browsing http://192.168.X)

It is requires to do a NAT in Router A  and     

a) hide source address flowing       (Address X --> Can translate it to a Address - P ) 
               b) 192.168.1.X should route using a different address in OUR Side (Address Y --> Can translate it to a Address - Q)

But Router A contains only One Single interface (Gi 0/1). How can I do the NAT according to my situation ?  (I cannot terminate the S2S VPN in Our Side Border Router. It should terminate in Router A)

What are the IP's I should use to configure Interesting Traffic ?

Your responses are highly.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Hello Harsha,

are you doing this on ASA or IOS ? please let me know the device details at either end

regards

Harish.

hi Harish,

In our side it's a cisco 7206 GXR and other end check point firewall.

Harsha

Hello Harsha,

can you explain how your internal traffic reaches your 7206, i mean what are other devices in between . Also you have mentioned you have only 1  interface on 7206 .. cab you explain bit more on that

regards

Harish.

hi Harish,

Once I reach the A Router through my X server I'll find another router and a firewall between them. It's required to build the tunnel between Router A and B while hiding my Internal Network to the peer end.

Since I did have a single Interface Gi 0/1 I defined a Loopback Interface as a outside.

Router A config:

interface gi 0/1

ip nat inside

int lo 1

ip nat outside

ip nat inside source static X  P

ip nat outside source static Y Q

But once I send a icmp message from server X to the Y server I cannot see any nat translations on my Rouer A "debug ip nat"

What should I do in order to hide my internal network ?

Harsha

Hello Harsha,

i guess you are upto configure nat on a stick but in order this to work, we have to send the traffic to loopback then only NAT would work.

what you can do is to create a policy based routing ( PBR) and set the interface as loopback1 for the intresting traffic  and apply that in the router G0/1 interface.

Hope this helps

Harish.