Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP Attribute Map on FTD

O.Zang
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Expert,

I have configured LDAP Attribute Map on FTD for Anyconnect VPN. but it is not working. 

Does someone know how to make it work please?

FMC 6.2.3.7

FTD 6.2.3.7

Regard, 

Zanga

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@O.Zang,

You can only use LDAP for basic authentication, not authorization.

"LDAP/AD authorization and accounting are not supported for Remote Access VPN."

Reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/630/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v63/firepower_threat_defense_remote_access_vpns.html#reference_xby_dml_wy

As of the current release 6.3, you'd need to use an external RADIUS server (like Cisco ISE) as an intermediary to provide granular user authorization based on LDAP attributes.

Hello Marvin Rhoads,

Thanks for your reply.

Can I use microsoft radius for that ?

Regards,

Zanga

AJ Cruz
Level 3
Level 3

Check out this guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firepower-ngfw/214283-configure-anyconnect-ldap-mapping-on-fir.html

I got it working for a customer I believe was running 6.3.

A different customer that was running 6.4 would throw an error trying to run the "aaa-server" command.

Apparently there's a bug (that's what TAC said); as soon as we changed "ldap attribute-map" to "lda attribute-map" (leave off the "p") and "aaa-server" to "aaa-serve" (leave off the "r") it took the FlexConfig.

Hello.

Was it possible to implement a similar scheme for connecting remote users? I try to configure it according to this article, but without success...

Can you share your details? Such as: version of Firepower, your current Flexconfig, what results you are seeing.

Cisco Firepower 1140 Threat Defense 6.4.0 

FMC 6.4.0.7

in this particular case LDAP - realm name

10.191.10.57 - ad dc

ldap.PNG

Group10 and Group192 - group policy name

ldap2.PNG

Got it. Screen with correct settings.

aaa-server <LDAP/AD_Realm_name> host <AD Server IP>
ldap-attribute-map <LDAP_Map_for_VPN_Access>

exit

in this case LDAP - its realm name

flex aaa srv.PNG

lda attribute-map <LDAP_Map_for_VPN_Access>
map-name memberOf Group-Policy
map-value memberOf CN=APP-SSL-VPN Managers,CN=Users,OU=stbu,DC=cisco,DC=com  LabAdminAccessGroupPolicy
map-value memberOf CN=cisco-Eng,CN=Users,OU=stbu,DC=cisco,DC=com VPNAccessGroupPolicy

flex attr map.PNGdevice flex.PNG

Sorry yes correct that is the realm name.

Also one funny thing I noticed. If you have to go back and add a group later the deploy fails with an error that the attribute map already exists.

I put this at the beginning of my attribute map:

no lda attribute-map <LDAP_Map_for_VPN_Access>

With that, any time I update the map and deploy, it removes the map and re-creates it. I no longer received errors when I try to update the attribute map.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: