Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help: Concurrent 1750 and VPN Client termination to PIX 515

mksmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All:

I have looked through all of the documents I can find on the topic and I can't find anything that matches. Also, most of the other configurations that didn't exactly match broke the whole thing in a fairly impressive manner.

I have multiple sites running 1750 routers with 12.2(11)T2, many VPN Client users calling in from all over the country, all terminating into a PIX 515 running 6.2(2)

The clients work flawlessly, authenticating off a Tacacs server. With the 1750's, I want them to connect for interesting traffic without authenticating against the Tacacs server. I have tried as many configs as I can think of, but none work.

If anyone has a template or hints, I would be extremely grateful. I can certainly provide the configs I have if that will help.

Mike

2 Replies 2

jfrahim
Level 5
Level 5

Mike,

Make sure, for the lan-lan tunnels preshared keys, add no-xauth to disable authentication to the tacacs server

Here is a sample config that you might find interesting. This is for lan-lan tunnel between 2 pixes, but it shows you how to disable x-auth for the lan-lan tunnels

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/110/pixpixvpn.html

Jazib

Thanks Jazib:

I was able to find a configuration that worked (finally). The problem turned out to be the ACL's on the PIX side.

Mike