cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 515E

Robert Craig
Level 3
Level 3

I finally got a site to site tunnel established between a PIX 515E and a Linksys BEFVP41. Now, I know the BEFVP41 is a piece of junk and within the next week, it is getting replaced with a RVS4000. However, until that is done, I am stuck with the BEFVP41. What I noticed tonight is when the tunnel between me and the BEFVP41 is up, all internet traffic getting outside of the BEFVP41 LAN comes to a halt. What's even more interesting, is when I have the ASDM up at my end on the PIX, I can see traffic coming from the distant end LAN, through my PIX, and back out. For example, from my DNS server at the distant end, I can see it trying to resolve different hosts. But, apparently it never gets through. I used Remote desktop to get into one of my severs on the distant end and tried a simple ping to a known good DNS server on the internet and couldn't get anything back. It's almost like once I have the tunnel between me and the BEFVP41 up, internet traffic from the distant end trying to get out stops. Anyone ever seen that before?

1 Reply 1

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Based on your description, i understand that the remote end loses internet connectivity when connected to your PIX. Correct me if i am wrong.

Please share the outputs of "show crypto isa sa", "show crypto ipsec sa" from the PIX. Also, please do paste a sanitized config from your PIX.

Thanks and Regards,

Prapanch