cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX VPN Issue

mklaphek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have a PIX 515 that has several working VPN Connections to it. We are trying to get a SonicWall to connect but we are having problems. However, I don't think that the problem has anything to do withthe SonicWall itself -- I don't think we're getting that far.

We don't get this error on any other VPN connections, but on this one we get the following error when trying to transmit "interesting" traffic:

IPSEC(sa_initiate): ACL = deny; no sa created

We have nat (inside) 0 0 0 so we shouldn't need to add any additional statements -- correct? I cannot find any error, and the fact that this PIX works with so many other connections makes me wonder where the problem is.

The SonicWall reports Phase I failure. Has anyone seen this before?

Any help is apreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

1 Reply 1

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

One workaround is to reboot the pix.

While a new crypto map instance is being added to the PIX Firewall, all clear and SSH traffic to the firewall interface stops because the crypto peer/ACL pair has not yet been defined. To workaround this, use PIX Device Manager (PDM) to add the new crypto map instance or, through the PIX Firewall CLI, remove the crypto map interface command from your configuration, add the new crypto map instance and fully configure the crypto peer/ACL pair, and then reapply the crypto map interface command back to the interface. In some conditions the CLI workaround is not acceptable as it temporarily stops VPN traffic also.