cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Preconfigured vpn client

hwucnmcorg
Level 1
Level 1

We have many users to use IPsec vpn. We want to send the customers the preconfigured client, meaning he doesn’t have to put IP of the server and encryption methods etc into the client himself, all he needs to do is just install the client.

I am just wondering whether there is way to do this.

Thanks,

Han

4 Replies 4

Hello Han,

I am not sure, whether we can customize the client. But What normally do is to setp the VPN in one client PC . Then you can get the PCF file in cisco vpn client installed directrory under profile folder.. send that file to the users so that they just need to install the software and import the pcf file..

regards

harish.

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Han,

You could use pre defined VPN profiles for this. If you are using Cisco VPN client and currently using a profile on it you should be able to see a file with extension .pcf and any one can import this configuration to VPN clinet software. Usually the .pcf file will be available at

C:\Programs files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\Profiles

You could upload the VPN client software and profile on to one of your sharepoint server and could ask users to download using the path provided by writing them an email.

Also it would be more easy for users if you could make a 1 or 2 page document and send this as a email attachment which explains the procedure for VPN client software download and profile import.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Najaf

thanks guys. What I want to do it more than that, the customers not even need to import the PCF file, only need to install the client. Is there any other client software other than cisco that we can use to connect to ASAs and implement this?

Anyone ever tried the Shrew VPN clinet?

thanks,

Han

Hi Han,

I have not tried this one out, but I have heard of it:

http://www.itninja.com/software/cisco-systems-inc/cisco-systems-vpn-client/5-2893

HTH.

Portu.

Please rate any helpful posts