cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Preventing AnyConnect 3.0 client from starting at boot

vaniello
Level 1
Level 1

Since upgrading to AnyConnect 3.0 the AnyConnect client automatically starts everytime I boot my Windows 7 PC and login to my Windows profile.  Disabling start before login in the client didn't fix the issue.  I know I can remove AnyConnect from the run key in the Windows registry, but I need a solution that I can easily push out to our entire userbase, such as a config option in the AnyConnect client.

Thanks.

V/

5 Replies 5

James Sitter
Level 1
Level 1

I've got the exact same issue, running ASA 8.4.2 and Anyconnect 3.0.3054.  Also, my profile doesn't get pushed out to the client until they log in.  Everytime the computer restarts, the settings go back to their defaults.

Hi James,

If you dont want client to start during system startup try :

Start > Run > msconfig > startup > Remove the check in front of anyconnect client > apply to restart.

Hope this helps,

Sian

Unfortunately, this isn't feasable when deploying the client to hundreds of PCs.  There needs to be a configuration option in the client to stop it from starting upon boot.  Not sure why Cisco changed this functionality in the AnyConnect 3.0 client, but it should be corrected.

V/

I agree with vaniello, this isn't an acceptable solution.  We have 100+ users using Anyconnect from their home PC's, most of whom aren't very technical.  I'm not going to walk all of them through msconfig to prevent Anyconnect from starting up.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The same thing also happens with 3.1

Would also wish to have this option configurable in the setup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: