Replies

"Your IPsec connection has been terminated"

mlew
Level 1
Level 1

VPN Client 3.5.2

VPN concentrator 3030

Wireless AP (Agere AP2000)

"Your IPsec connection has been terminated". I get this message at random times with XP and 2K, not on all machines however. Traffic is going in and out, so it is not a timeout issue. We use DHCP for the first IP address u get, and then a pool on the concentrator (3030) for the tunnel IP address. So for instance, when I first connect to the wireless network I get 10.242.3.5, I connect to the VPN and get a 130.253.x.x (my network's address space). After that, it sometimes work fine, and sometimes get disconnected after a while (from 20 minutes to a couple of hours depending on the machine. Some machines never get disconnected).

I am thinking it's a DHCP issue, trying to renew but being unable to do it because tunnel IP is different than original IP. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....

Note: Idle time on the concentrator is set to 30 minutes, however, I don't think this is an issue since many times I get disconnected even during data transmission.

4 Replies 4

charles.manley
Level 1
Level 1

We've run into this when a user has been on a remote domain and has created a IPsec tunnel to us. We are using IPSec over NAT and it seems that NAT was timing out on us. We've since switched those users to IPSec over TCP and its went away..

jfaeth
Level 1
Level 1

did you try static IPs to test the DHCP issue?

romaezik
Level 1
Level 1

try increasing the peer response timeout. if that doesn't work use tcp instead of udp. I was having the same problem but this seemed to fix it.

Sorry for the dumb-user question, but how do you switch to TCP?