cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote user VPN

r-remien
Level 1
Level 1

I have not seen any specific doumentation on this. Can you set up a remote access IPSEC VPN using the Cisco VPN client v3.5a with the IOS Firewall Feature Set? How about just IP Plus IPSEC 56?

3 Replies 3

s-doyle
Level 3
Level 3

3.5a is only for the VPN 3000 Concentrator. For IOS w/IPSEC use Cisco Secure VPN Client v1.0aor Cisco Secure VPN Client v1.1 (depending on your IOS version).

0s-pudipeddi
Level 1
Level 1

VPN client v1.1 is now obsolete. We have set up remote access VPN using VPN client V3.5 to a PIX firewall. Remote user on a Win98 machine with VPN client V3.5 dials into his ISP and gets on to internet. He then invokes the VPN client software on his PC and connects to PIX in a different city. The VPN client then establishes a VPN connection tio the PIX. We use split tunnel on the pix so that the remote user can get on to internet for other services. I am sure this will work with IOS fire wall as well.

I have the same setup with a PIX. I am interested in a specific setup with the IOS Firewall Feature set or IOS with IPSEC. The reason is that the IPSEC command set differs between IOS and PIX. I am looking for an equivalent command for the PIX command "vpngroup" that handles IP parameters.