cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route-maps for packets going out to a VPN tunnel

rick.payne
Level 1
Level 1

I have a setup where I have a default route to the internet for a VPN router. It connects to a base station VPN END Point through the Internet. I use ROUTE-MAPS to send packets from the LAN interface to the VPN with no problem. The situation I have now is that I have 2 VPN connections back to the base station using different routers at the base station. I can setup for either / or , but I cannot figure out how to create a route-map that will allow any packets comming from an interface to have a primary and a seconday default route. this is needed incase one of the VPN Links goes down. Please clue me in, Maybe I am to tunnel visioned at this point.

Base = 2 routers with a VPN connection to the mobile.

Mobile = 1 Router with 2 VPN connections to the base.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

You can make use of PBR (policy based routing) here,but i thnk the info which you have provided here is not much clear.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca590.html

If you can post out a simple topological figure representing the network connectivity and the requirment you have it will help the netpros here to help u out efficiently..

regds