cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Running DMVPN Hub and Spoke on same router?

jeffrey.girard
Level 1
Level 1

My client has a project in which traffic flow is hierarchial in nature.  Using DMVPNs, the design is for a "center" router to be a DMVPN spoke to the cloud above it, and a DMVPN Hub to the cloud below it.  I have tried to lab this up, but no success.  I initially build the center router as a DMVPN spoke to teh upper cloud and all is well.  As soon as I had the second tunnel config (as the DMVPN hub to the lower cloud), the first tunnel goes down and my EIGRP flaps.  Im running EIGRP across the DMVPN tunnels.  The two DMVPN clouds are using different network IDs and are running separate EIGRP routing instances.

I can post configs if desired - just wanted to see if anyone is doing this or knows whether it is possible. 

Jeff          

1 Reply 1

fermendo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I know it is possible using two DMVPN clouds, but it seems that you need DMVPN phase 3 in this situation. This is suitable for the hierarchical model you want. Take a look at the following link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6660/ps6808/prod_white_paper0900aecd8055c34e_ps6658_Products_White_Paper.html

Hope this helps.