Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180w - Firmware update - VPN unable to work

explorasi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I start this topic for may an answer as i face a problem with VPN and most likely with PORTS.

My firmware was 1.0.0.30 and i Update it to 1.0.1.9.

When i was try to connect with my VPN i am unable to reach it with error 800. MS says your firmware is too old so you get this error.

At the same time for VNC and some other stafs was nessesary  to open ports. Until now it seems that the router is not opening the ports.

What i should do? Retrun to the old firmware? Any extremely changes at new firmware so they had add more optios for the ports?

All the configuration is exacly the same as it was before the upgrade.

For more details let me know.

Thank you .

Andreas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi explorasi, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community.

Did you reboot your Router after the Firmware upgrade? Sometimes the device needs it, also ensure your Vpn traffic is allowed in both sites, Go VPN>VPN Passthrough. If the problem persists please share some screenshots of your configuration (Be careful with confidential data).

I hope you find this answer useful, *Please mark the question as Answered or rate the answer so other will know when an answer has been found.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi explorasi, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community.

Did you reboot your Router after the Firmware upgrade? Sometimes the device needs it, also ensure your Vpn traffic is allowed in both sites, Go VPN>VPN Passthrough. If the problem persists please share some screenshots of your configuration (Be careful with confidential data).

I hope you find this answer useful, *Please mark the question as Answered or rate the answer so other will know when an answer has been found.

Greetings,

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

yeap with 2nd reboot all works perfect !

thanks!

I´m glad you fix your problem, you could always post your question in the forum and we´ll be here to help you.  : )

Greetings,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: