Views
Helpful
Replies

S2S VPN - Adding Peer with 2 IP address in FDM

Herald Sison
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Cisco Experts,

I have Cisco5508-X running FTD 6.6.1 via FDM and i have setup a S2S VPN to our main office who is running a Sonicwall firewall and it has 2 different ISP IP addresses for failover purposes now i want to add the secondary IP address in my Cisco5508-X FTD 6.6.1 via FDM but i cannot see any other fields to do that? I am wondering why i cannot add 2 IP Addresses for my S2S VPN Peer in which should be a standard for all

firewalls?

is FMC is the final solution? Is FMC capable of doing that?

Any answers are much appreciated. Hope i can fix this one soon.

Thank you and stay safe

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what the issue you facing, FDM have Limited capability, Fully working for FTD is FMC is the answer.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Hi @Herald Sison 

Multi-peer VPN is not currently supported on FDM as of the latest version 6.7, but this is possible using FMC.

You could still use FDM and upgrade to 6.7, then you could use a route-based VPN if the sonicwall supported it.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what the issue you facing, FDM have Limited capability, Fully working for FTD is FMC is the answer.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Sir, 

thanks for your reply. My situation is i have a 2 offices the main office and suboffice. The main office is running sonicwall firewall that has 2 internet connection/dual wan for failover purposes then in my office which is the suboffice i am running cisco5508X ftd 6.6.1 via fdm and i have setup a S2S vpn between the 2 offices. Now i want to add the secondary ip of the secondary wan of my main office in my cisco s2s vpn but i cant find where to add it.

Hi @Herald Sison 

Multi-peer VPN is not currently supported on FDM as of the latest version 6.7, but this is possible using FMC.

You could still use FDM and upgrade to 6.7, then you could use a route-based VPN if the sonicwall supported it.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: