cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secondary Public IP for AnyConnect and IPSec terminations on ASA5505

John Gawf
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone point me to a document or tell me how to use a secondary public IP on the External interface of an ASA to terminate both the AnyConnect and IPSec clients.  I have a /29 block and the primary IP is mapped on 443 to an OWA server behind the ASA.  Currently I have AnyConnect listening on 4443, but users aren't remembering the port so we want to utilize one of our other available public IPs.  I also want to move IPSec to the new IP so we can have one FQDN for both VPN client terminations.

1 Reply 1

John Gawf
Level 1
Level 1

This is what we are going to do is:  Since the VPN Clients have to terminate on the ASA primary addresses and it appears we can’t change that termination to a secondary IP,  we are going to move the current OWA access on primary IP:443 to the secondary IP address:443 via the static NAT mapping.  We will  also remove the port 4443 configuration from the webvpn configuration and let it default to 443.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: