Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure Client Image Auto Install

dcanady55
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I know you can push out new AnyConnect or secure client images through the firewall when clients connect. Is there a way to install a new secure client image only on a specific profile for testing purposes? It doesn't look possible based on what I've read so wanted to seek a second opinion.

thanks,

Cisco FTD 2110 on 7.4.2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @dcanady55 if you upload the new image to the FTD, any VPN user connecting will automatically upgrade. You can reconfigure the XML profile on the client computers to bypass the downloader, so the client won't upgrade, but that is possibly more hassle than it's worth. It might be easier to manually install the client or use a Software Management solution such as SCCM to target the deployment to certain devices.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi @dcanady55 if you upload the new image to the FTD, any VPN user connecting will automatically upgrade. You can reconfigure the XML profile on the client computers to bypass the downloader, so the client won't upgrade, but that is possibly more hassle than it's worth. It might be easier to manually install the client or use a Software Management solution such as SCCM to target the deployment to certain devices.

Thanks for the feedback, Rob as I figured it wasn't really possible.