3em0nd001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I'm try set remote swith 2960. My topology:

My computer -> cisco 3560 -> Cisco 2960

In config Cisco 2960:

Ip addr 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 in Vlan 1

I need set Vlan 12, and add all ports in her. Set Trunk port, and allowed 12 vlan to 3560. And set IP 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 to Vlan 12.

If I set trunk port on remote switch, and set trunk on Cisco 3560 - I lose access to remote switch. If I try set on virtual (Cisco Pocket Tracer) I can this.

How settings remote switch?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Think about it PK is a simulator so its over a mgmt. in the software that's why you can do that   , what your trying to do in real time environment is changing a link your actually connected across by ssh or telnet so it drops to alter itself from say access to trunk so it breaks your remote connection as the lower layer  connection has changed and your coming over the transport layer 4 , you need to be consoled directly in to your switch or come across another path your not remote in over and then change it that way

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Think about it PK is a simulator so its over a mgmt. in the software that's why you can do that   , what your trying to do in real time environment is changing a link your actually connected across by ssh or telnet so it drops to alter itself from say access to trunk so it breaks your remote connection as the lower layer  connection has changed and your coming over the transport layer 4 , you need to be consoled directly in to your switch or come across another path your not remote in over and then change it that way

Oh, I see.

What other ideas, without consoled directly, maybe upload configuration? It's really?

Yes you could do that save to start-up instead of running and try reboot , its risky though if its a production device as if something goes wrong and it doesn't come up and its remote site your completely down

Sometimes I have gotten people to setup ad hoc network off there phone to a local pc on the network and get them to console in and that way you can come in over there 3g connection make the changes without worrying about being knocked out of the connection yourself