Views
Helpful
Replies

Site To Site IPsec VPN

littlespace
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am going to get a ASA 5520 and put it in our Main office as a VPN router. also we have 20-25 remote users that need to have  VPN access to HQ. some of them already have Sonicwall TZ-100 and some them already use VPN client. I am going to get a Cisco router for remote users. Could you please let me know which cisco device (Hardware) is better for end users?  also most of them have Dynamic IP on their DSL lines. is it ok with Cisco to establish a tunnel with a device which has a dynamic IP?

Thanks,

Mike

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

To know which platform would be ideal, please check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html

Usually for small-offices a 5505 works fine, but it depends on your needs.

On the other hand, it does not matter if the remote end has a dynamic IP address, please check this out:

Dynamic IPsec Tunnel Between a Statically Addressed ASA and a Dynamically Addressed Cisco IOS Router that uses CCP Configuration Example

Thanks.

Portu.

Please rate any post you find useful.

View solution in original post

Hi,

You can use the DefaultL2LGroup, so if the ASA does not find the peer IP on any valid tunnel-group, it checks the DefautlL2LGroup, if the pre-shared-key matches, then phase I gets complete.

Let me know.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

To know which platform would be ideal, please check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html

Usually for small-offices a 5505 works fine, but it depends on your needs.

On the other hand, it does not matter if the remote end has a dynamic IP address, please check this out:

Dynamic IPsec Tunnel Between a Statically Addressed ASA and a Dynamically Addressed Cisco IOS Router that uses CCP Configuration Example

Thanks.

Portu.

Thank you Javier,

I also have another question regarding dynamic IP on DSL modems. what should I put in "Peer IP Address" on Cisco ASA 5520 in Main Office. Should I put 0.0.0.0 ?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

You can use the DefaultL2LGroup, so if the ASA does not find the peer IP on any valid tunnel-group, it checks the DefautlL2LGroup, if the pre-shared-key matches, then phase I gets complete.

Let me know.