cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site-to-site VPN and NAT

dmayne
Level 1
Level 1

We have a PIX 506 with 2 site-to-site VPNs and 1 connection to a webserver. We recently changed our internal IP addresses to 10.x.x.x. The 2 site-to-site VPNs require access to the same server (saprouter) by different organizations. We have reconnected to one vendor (exempt from NAT) however, the 2nd vendor cannot use the 10.x.x.x. We only have one public ip address on the outside interface. Is it possible to configure NAT to translate the saprouter (10.x) to use the outside ip address without effecting the other site to site connection?

2 Replies 2

teschweizer
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem a couple of time. However I was always using IOS routers for the site-to-site VPNs. With IOS you can use GRE over IPsec. In such a configuation you can have a NAT on the tunnel (GRE)interface and you can NAT your internal IP address to another address that better fits your vendor. I don't think you can do that with a PIX.

I resolved the issue by adding a NAT table entry using a new public IP address (not the outside IP) to translate the internal saprouter address.