Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow Speed with Anyconnect VPN Secure mobility client - V 4.7.01076

Hello Team,

Beautiful day

In my personal PC and mobile devices my internet upload speed is 170 plus Mbps. (Megabits)

But in my workstation laptop, due to VPN settings my speed is 0.5 Mbps. (Megabits)

Can you please support ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm Regards,

Gokul

5 Replies 5

@balaji.bandiPlease Help

fast com shows 850 Kbps

this region is the best speed i get

Other regions give me much slower speed

How the tunnel is configured? tunnel all? if so, how much bandwidth is available at the headend site? any traffic policing/shaping?

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From how you describe it it seems your company is forcing all traffic through the VPN when connected. You can confirm this by clicking the "gear" icon in the AnyConnect user interface while connected and then look at the "Route Details" tab in the window that comes up. If it says 0.0.0.0/0 is a secured route then all of your traffic is required to go via the corporate firewall.

If that's the case, there are a number of things the company can do to improve performance but, unfortunately, nothing you as an end use can do (except open a help desk ticket to bring it to their attention).

meagan.burt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I just want to respond because we have had this issue for a very long time and we have done troubleshooting on it forever.  By chance I upgraded my vpn client as I was testing auto update on a new unit.  I installed the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client version 4.10.04071.  After reboot, I happen to run the speed test again and....it I started getting speeds that matched what I get when not connected.  I was excited by the results but still skeptical...then my co-workers upgraded and had the same results.  We have tested many of our end users and this looks like it is a fix.  The problem does not appear to be in the headend but in the client itself.  We are now rolling out version 4.10.04071 to all of our users.

I am making this comment because I have researched this for a long time and have not seen anyone suggest a client update.  I want to share this with as many people as I can.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: