Helpful
Replies

TACACS-Profile for PPP Callback Client?

wagnerch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

in short:

I search for a tacacs-attribute that allows my router to request a callback from the other PPP-router.

I have a Cisco3640 with ISDN-PrimaryRate and many PPP-users authenticated via TACACS-user profiles on a Cisco Secure Server Unix 2.3.x.

For most of the profiles this router makes callback (eg. for teleworkers) using TACACS-Attribute "callback-dialstring".

But now I have the case that an external company should pay all the costs of the ISDN-connection to us. (we are also dialing to this company)

My router should be always the callback-client for this connection. I do not really know how to say my router to request a callback from the other router via TACACS (attribute for callback-client??).

Anybody who knows how to make something similar to "ppp callback request" via TACACS for only one user profile?

Kind Regards,

Chris

2 Replies 2

Hi,

I have already found this document.

But I think it shows only the variant where the router next to the tacacs-server makes the callback and not the other way round where the remote router makes callback.

I would like to have the tacacs-server request a callback from the other remote router by sending the local router something like "ppp callback request".

So what I like to configure is that my router accepts a callback for some users and also initiates a callback for some other users.

Anybody who knows if this is possible with TACACS and only one router/pri?

Kind Regards,

Chris