Views
Helpful
Replies

using anyconnect VPN while remote access VPN is active

mbanajahcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have setup an anyconnect VPN solution that is used to securely access a section of the network. when uses use Anyconnect VPN internally with in the LAN all is well. the problem is when they try to do the same while loggin in remotely from home using our other remote access solution.

so what happens is that the remote in using our RAS solution to securely enter our network via the internet but when they initiate the Anyconnect client to log in to that specific section of the network, they get disconnected from the their RAS session that they use to access the company. so basically, what I want is for the anyconnect VPN to run inside the RAS VPN but I can't find any documents that can explain what is going on.

any help would be appreciated.

cheers.

2 Replies 2

I don't think you can have in effect two RAS clients running at the same time.  A way round this problem would be from the Internet VPN RDP to a  PC/Server,  which then uses AnyConnect for the connection to the secure part of your network. Another idea can the AnyConnect  device you connect to be NATted to a public address. Then you can use AnyConnect directly from the Internet.

HTH

Richard

thanks. I agree with your first statement that we need a jump box and that's what I proposed. for the second point, however, I don't think that will work either because both clients will high jack the default route on the users PC. so, once the second client launches, the default route will change and disconnect the first VPN tunnel.