Views
Helpful
Replies

VPDN Group Name

Lam Son
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I would like to ask about the VPDN Group Name. We create VPDN Group Name for the first ISP connection, now i have more ISP and they also different ISP, so i can be able use the same VPDN group name or create a new VPDN group.

Many thanks

5 Replies 5

Ajay Saini
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Yes, you need to create a new vpdn group for pppoe connecton, 1 for each ISP:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/110322-asa-pppoe-00.html

The group name is referred under the Interface on ASA so that will segregate the group-name paramters like username/password and the interface/ISP.

HTH
AJ

Hi Ajay,

As I referenced in the Cisco document, they guided for using VPDN to config PPPoE connection, does it need for the Cisco router? In fact, I want to ask for the Cisco router.
At the moment I have 2 ISP connection and it also operates well but it doesn't use VPDN, dialer interface for instead. I want to add the third ISP connection to increase performance for internet network connection. The text file that I attach to this message which I prepared on GNS3 for the real configuration. Pls take time to review and lets me know that I need to modify. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hello Lam,

Do you need to configure the PPPOE on a Cisco Router or a Firewall. The document which I sent is for the Cisco ASA firewall. If its a Cisco Router, it might not be valid and you should better move the post to the correct group.

Regards,

AJ

Hi Ajay,

Yes, i want to configure multiple ISP for the router. Which is correct group that i need to move?

Regards,

Please move it to routing group:

Following is the path:

•  Technology and Support
  •  
  •  Network Architecture
  •  
    •  Routing

HTH

AJ