Networking

Collaborate with peers and Cisco on all aspects of your network, including Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNA), routing, switching, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Webinar

Browse the Community

Cisco Catalyst Center

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions. For production dep...

2431 Posts

NFVIS Solutions

Join peers and Cisco experts to discuss Cisco’s Network Function Virtualization (NFV) products and s...

12 Posts

SD-WAN and Cloud Networking

Join this community to interact with your peers and Cisco about SD-WAN and all things related to sec...

2301 Posts

Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.

106711 Posts

ThousandEyes

Join us for information about our use cases, common troubleshooting, discussions, getting started gu...

182 Posts

Activity in Networking

BGP Metric

Hi,I set up a LAB with 4 routers using BGP. I have a prefix list and a route map for two networks and linked them to the BGP configuration (to change the metric to 90)Why is Metrix 90 displayed for all routes? The metric should only be changed for 1....

NAT In Packet Tracer

Hi , i am new to cisco world , i have applied the above scenario ,OSPF is running on all routers i am trying to gain access to the network 26.10.10.0/24 as through NAT from other networks .but R1 is not performing A Nat it is performing a routing ins...

ahdafadi_0-1729267076547.png
ahdafadi by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Preparation for migration - thought process

Hi,Let's say you have to migrate L3 device. We all know preparation for this can be very cumbersome to do. I would like to hear your experiences, including:1. What is your thought process when you have to prepare for migration? 2. How do you approach...

iores by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Route for mutiple VLANs and failover for ISPs

In my setup, I have 10 VLANs that all need internet access. The issue I encountered is that only one VLAN is able to reach the internet using its next hop to the firewall. I tried configuring 10 separate default routes for each VLANs, but while I was...

ckeyy_0-1729417998221.png
ckeyy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco Prime Alarms not cleared

Prime is generating too many alarms. Critical alarms which is not active is still listed as active. For instans, when an AP reboots -  an critical alarm is generated. But when the AP is up again, the critical alarm is still listed under critical alar...

steiostb1 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Switch: How to test a cable status?

Works on 29xx, 37xx, 45xx & 65xx series model switchesChecking the Cable Status Using the TDRYou can check the status of copper cables using the time domain reflectometer (TDR). The TDR detects a cable fault by sending a signal through the cable and ...

Anand G by Cisco Employee
  • 4 replies
  • 22 Helpful votes

Catalyst 1200 support 802.1x MAC-Based authentication ?

i see catalyst 1200 CLI Guide show how to config 802.1x MAC-Based authentication. but when i console to c1200 device i can not put the command. Does catalyst 1200 support 802.1x MAC-Based authentication ?   switchxxxxxx(config-if)# dot1x authenticati...

Cisco L2 image for GNS3

HiOn GNS3 I'm creating a campus network to practice for CCNP. However, I'm using router images for the switches and is doing my head in, so thought on using proper L2 FREE Cisco images if there are any.Which image would you recommend to manually crea...

Lassek by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cannot ping PC on a VLAN problem

Good day,    I have a simple three routers and three-layer 2 switches. I also tried adding a layer 3 Cisco 3650 switch. I can ping every PCs that's on the layer 2 switch, but I cannot ping the PC that's on the layer 3 switch on VLAN 1.  Anyone can he...

ISR Vlan Interface IP Address assigned by DHCP (Client)

I am using a Cisco C1111 ISR w/ 2 L3 interfaces, 8 L2 interfaces. Interface Vlan601 currently has an IP address assigned to it. I would like to use DHCP to assign the IP address to this interface. However, when I change it to DHCP, the MAC address in...

judu by Level 1
  • 44 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Installed Switch C2900 - SSH connects but doesn't let me log on

I have a Switch that I configured using the console cable. I have now added the Switch to another Switch and configured an uplink. I have gone to the remote desktop and created a putty ssh session to the Switch successfully.Then I am prompted with us...

RG78874 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Share your Expertise

Level up by answering questions in your area of expertise.