Views
Helpful
Replies

VPDN Group Name

Lam Son
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I would like to ask about the VPDN Group Name. We create VPDN Group Name for the first ISP connection, now i have more ISP and they also different ISP, so i can be able use the same VPDN group name or create a new VPDN group.

Many thanks

5 Replies 5

Ajay Saini
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Yes, you need to create a new vpdn group for pppoe connecton, 1 for each ISP:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/110322-asa-pppoe-00.html

The group name is referred under the Interface on ASA so that will segregate the group-name paramters like username/password and the interface/ISP.

HTH
AJ

Hi Ajay,

As I referenced in the Cisco document, they guided for using VPDN to config PPPoE connection, does it need for the Cisco router? In fact, I want to ask for the Cisco router.
At the moment I have 2 ISP connection and it also operates well but it doesn't use VPDN, dialer interface for instead. I want to add the third ISP connection to increase performance for internet network connection. The text file that I attach to this message which I prepared on GNS3 for the real configuration. Pls take time to review and lets me know that I need to modify. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hello Lam,

Do you need to configure the PPPOE on a Cisco Router or a Firewall. The document which I sent is for the Cisco ASA firewall. If its a Cisco Router, it might not be valid and you should better move the post to the correct group.

Regards,

AJ

Hi Ajay,

Yes, i want to configure multiple ISP for the router. Which is correct group that i need to move?

Regards,

Please move it to routing group:

Following is the path:

•  Technology and Support
  •  
  •  Network Architecture
  •  
    •  Routing

HTH

AJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: