Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN access to port 8080 or 8083 times out

jn08
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm a user of AnyConnect and trying to get some answers from my IT department, but I thought I'd put this question out there in case it's something I can change at my end to improve the situation.

I use AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (currently 4.9.04053) on MacOS Big Sur to connect to my work's network from home. Everything works well - I commonly use Remote Desktop to connect to a remote computer and to a couple of internal websites including reporting software and a CMS - variously using port 8083 or 8080.

What seems to be happening is that after I've been connected to our VPN for a while (sometimes an hour sometimes more) my connection to the 8080 or 8083 sites time out. If I disconnect and reconnect on AnyConnect I regain access to them, but the timeouts don't affect my Remote Desktop access, which retains the connection even while the two other sites don't work and time out.

I did discuss the possibility with the IT guy that my port forwarding was interfering with the VPN network somehow as I had previously used port 8083 for a server on my local home network. However, I've now changed that and updated my router to no longer forward that port, and it's still happening.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be happening? Either configurations I can try to fix this at my end or things I could suggest to my friendly but overworked IT guy who doesn't really want to spend the time troubleshooting this?

0 Replies 0