Is anyone else having this issue and do you have any solutions for this? We are using a software application that is using port 16011 to open up a map. Below is what I'm experiencing.
Win XP Pro & Anyconnect = Works
Win 7 32bit via wired network not using Anyconnect = Works
Win 7 32bit via Anyconnect client (On any win7 machine I try not just one) = Fail
When it fails the software application simply locks up and then I receive a java binary error.
Here's what I have done to this point with no success:
1) Reinstalled Java and Anyconnect;
2) Reinstalled older versions of both Java and Anyconnect;
3) Tried using the Cisco VPN Client instead of Anyconnect;
4) Spoken with Cisco and verified that port 16011 is in fact not being blocked on the firewall/asa;
5) Turned off all firewall services on the local host;
6) Have tried running as administrator, running in compatibility mode, etc;
7) Unchecked IPV6 on the Anyconnect connector
The last thing I ran into was that this could be an IPV6 issue but at this point I'm not sure and I don't know where to go from here. I have had cisco tech's look at the router several times and I have verified everything with the software vendor. Any new direction would be GREATLY appreciated. I've been troubleshooting this for a while now. I've researched the Internet to death and have tried nearly everything I've ran across (so I may have missed something on my list that I've done) thus why I'm posting this.