Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Between Dubai Office And HQ.

jpdeboer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question about a VPN solution between a office in Dubai and and HQ, first i was looking into setting up a IPSEC VPN between 2 Cisco ISR 4k routers. but i believe this is being blocked in Dubai, Unfortunatally Cisco ISR does not support site to site vpn over SSL. So my question is if there is a different solution for this.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am in Dubai and Site to Site VPN is not blocked on Business Connections. I am handling more than 100 customers. You can configure IPSec VPN without any issue. But Internet connection must be a Business Connection. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,
I am reasonably confident that SSL is not supported for any Site-to-Site VPN. It's probably best you confirm with your ISPs in each country whether UDP/500, ESP and potentially UDP/4500 (if natting) are permitted.

What was the issue? Perhaps it's just a mis-configuration, upload the configuration and debugs for further investigation

HTH

HI,

Well we did not yet configure or set this up, so i am unable to to send you the config / debugging. But we are doing this for other customer in other countries. But it is known that Dubai UAE is blocking most of VPN connections. SSL is not being blocked as its based on port 443. 

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am in Dubai and Site to Site VPN is not blocked on Business Connections. I am handling more than 100 customers. You can configure IPSec VPN without any issue. But Internet connection must be a Business Connection. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi Deepak,

Ok, interesting, so i am misinformed about that. Let me check further on that in terms of the business internet connection. Thank you all so much for the quick replys on this.