cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn client (4.6) problem when connecting 1760 router

ird
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, the problem is that i'm unable to establish a tunnel (ipsec) between a cisco 1760 router and the vpn client (4.6) over the same lan. It seem like ISAKMP fails. Any help will be wellcomed!.

schema:

vpn-client - LAN - Router 1760

debugs:

From the "debug crypto engine":

irdvoip#

*Nov 3 11:53:20: %CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE: Processing of Aggressive mode failed with peer at 192.168.0.48

Attached i've included the "debug crypto isakmp" and "sh run" of the 1760 router.

Waiting your experiences.....

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the 1760 add the following line:

crypto map clientmap isakmp authorization list groupauthor

You haven't defined how ISAKMP is going to be authorized, and it is therefore failing. Actually you're the 2nd person on this forum in two days to have this exact problem, is there a sample config somewhere that you followed for this, cause if so we'll need to get it corrected?

Yes, there's an example to configure a vpn between a router with two remote sites using ios and the vpn client, the documents is "Configuring IPSEC between two routers and a Cisco VPN Client".

The document is right, and you too, so the mistake is mine, excuse-me for the mistake, I had lots of problems with the vpn client at the begining and nowadays is somehow magic to get it work the first time you try it.

Thanks for your expertise. Pleased to met you.

Best Regards from Spain.

hello,

please mark the post as a solved one for others to refer it when they have problems.

Thanks.