cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn client, XP and PEAP

dhickey
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I have a really weird problem when I have the latest Cisco VPN client installed on my laptop running XP. When I don't have the client installed, I can authenticate to my wireless network using PEAP (the MS version of PEAP). However as soon as I install the VPN client and try to authenticate to our wireless network, my laptop Blue Screens and reboots. I can remove the VPN client and the things work again.

Anyone else having this problem, or know of a solution?

Thanks

Don Hickey

5 Replies 5

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could be CSCdy69001, but you don't mention what version of the client (always useful info when talking about crashes, etc).

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=cscdy69001

This is a pretty rare and caused by very specific things though, so it may be something else. We'd need as much info as you can give us, including all versions, service packs, what other software is installed (particularly network/firewall/virus type software), etc, etc.

Well, I was running XP SP1, InoculateIT 6.0, BlackIce 3.6.cbd, and this was happening with both a Cisco 350 series PCMCIA card and a Linksys 54G card. It is in a Gateway Solo 9300.

This occured with the 3.6.3b and c.

I just installed 3.6.4 (installshield version) and I was able to authenticate using PEAP without it blue screening. I might add that I could uncheck the Deterministic Network Enhancer on 3.6.3b,c and authenticate using MS PEAP without blue screening. However if it was checked it would blue screen and soon as the authentication took place. Looks like 3.6.4 is working......

Thanks

Don Hickey

Ok I take that back....I uninstalled 3.6.4, inserted my 3com ethernet card, installed 3.6.4 and as sooon as I put my wireless card in it blue screened again.....I will do some more playing around and see what I come up with...

Don

More info...

Unistalled Black Ice - same problem...

Put in my Lan card (3com), installed vpn client 3.6.4, connected to vpn....ok

Ejected Lan card and installed wireless card, blue screen with the following error....

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop 0x000000D1 (0x00000022, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF760757E)

ndisuio.sys

It didn't even have a chance to authenticate this time....

I rebooted and got connected to the wireless network...

Don

engel
Level 2
Level 2

We have the same experience before. The laptop is an IBM Thinkpad with pre-loaded Win XP and a built-in Wireless device (the rumour that the wireless is a Cisco Aironet). The Client is v3.6 something. The XP becomes blue-screen as soon as the client is installed.

The newer version 3.6.7 doesn`t have this problem.

Regards,

Engel