Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connection terminated, Smartcard Error - AnyConnect 3.1.03103

rueckertd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have upgradet our AnyConnect Client from V3.0.4235 to V3.1.03103. After the upgrade, I can me authenticate with RSA. After authentication, the AnyConnect will startup the connection but it failed with the error message "VPN connection terminated, Smartcard Error". We use the mashine certificate to encrypt the SSL-connection. We don't use smart cards. When I disable the smartcard reader (DELL Wireless 5540 HSPA Mini-Card USIM Port) in the device manager, the connection is established.

In the version 3.0.08057 it works too. The error is only from verion 3.1.03103 and only on Windows 7 Prof. Under Win XP it works.

How can I disable the query the smartcard?

Thanks for help or answers.

Daniel

4 Replies 4

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

This is a known issue on systems with the Dell 5540, and 5550 card, Cisco bug ID is CSCue30862. You cannot disable querying of this card.  The fix for this issue is in the next release of AnyConnect.

Thanks,

Steve S.

Hi Steve,

We are having the same issue. Do you have any idea when the next release is? Is this in weeks months, etc, etc? Otherwise we have to think of a workaround

Thanks for help or answers.

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

This release should be available in the next month or so.  Sorry, but I don't have an exact date. 

Thanks,

Steve S.

Stefan Schmid
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here with client 3.1.02040 and

several hw clients not only dell.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: