Helpful
Replies

VPN - ISE Authentication Policy - Azure SAML

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

Components Used: Cisco FMC + FTD 1120, Cisco ISE, Azure SAML/SSO

We're moving from ASA + ISE + Duo 2FA to Azure SSO authentication. But, we still want to use ISE as the Authorization and Accounting server. As well as posture assessment.

Now, I've gotten the FTD and Azure pieces configured. When I use AnyConnect and connect to the VPN I get prompted for my Microsoft creds and I am able to successfully connect. On ISE however, it shows as authentication failed, which I;m sure is because the VPN Authentication policy still points to our internal Active Directory server.

This FTD/FMC setup is for a secondary location. We will eventually be moving all ASAs to FTD devices. So, my question is, do I need to create a 2nd Authentication policy, one that doesn't point at our internal AD servers? If so, what do I choose here?

I'm confused about what to do here since technically the Authentication is being done by Azure/Microsoft.

ISE:
MatthewMartin_0-1698434300540.png

FMC:

MatthewMartin_1-1698434721344.png

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

2 Replies 2

JP Miranda Z
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Matthew Martin,

Check this nice doc from Michael Lorincz out:

https://www.lookingpoint.com/blog/ra-vpn-on-ftd-with-aad-duo-authc-and-ise-authz

That guide seems to point pretty much the same implementation you are trying to do.

Hope this helps!

-JP- 

Hey JP, thanks for the reply, and sorry for the delay.

I'll check out that link and reply back. Thanks again!

-Matt