cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN work fine but can't access to switch

kubajzs197
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have troubles with ipsec vpn on my router. When i connect with vpn client to work network i can access to the internet. But i can't log on my work switch cisco sfe2010 via http if i put the ipaddress in to the browser. Ping work fine when i ping the ip of the switch. When i connect vi vpn client i have same ip from subnet as switch. Thanks for your help.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

6 Replies 6

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jakub,

Looks like you are using the VPN pool IP range which is same in LAN. If thats the case you should use diffrent IP range for VPN Pool .

Thanks

Ajay

Thanks for your reply. Yes a use same VPN pool for example 10.0.0.x/24 in ip address of switch and get 10.0.0.x/24 when i connect with VPN client. You think that will be work if I get for example ip address 10.0.1.x/24 when i connect with VPN client? Create VPN pool 10.0.0.1/24?

Yes VPN pool range should be diffrent than being used in LAN. Changing that will solve your problem. Also just take care of NAT exempt.

Thanks

Ajay

Ok but i will be in different network. It is not a problem when switch will be in 10.0.0.x/24 network and my ipaddress will be 10.0.1.x/24?

Thats not a problem .

ok thanks for your help I am novice in using cisco... I try your advice and reply