Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco SMA - add several licenses

Hi, 

I'm currently deploying an SMA that will manage a pair of WSAs and a cluster of ESA devices. 

When I try to add a license, I get the following message : 

"This command will remove all existing feature key (including evaluation keys) and the license file
from the system prior to installing the new license file and keys. Are you sure you want to
continue? ". 

How can I add my second license without deleting the first one ? 

The "check for new keys" feature doesn't work. How can I have both licenses combined ? 

Best regards. 

5 Replies 5

Tao Yang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this a virtual SMA?

wamaprod
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,
Do you have found a response for your case? I have exactly the same issue and not sure if I can delete the first license file.

Thanks,

Assuming it's a virtual SMA, and you got the new license provisioned with all of the various features, yes you can just overwrite it.

Virtual SMA, ESA, WSA put all keys in one file.

Hardware boxes take separate keys for each one.

You can open the XML file in a text editor to see what features are enabled and what their expiry dates are.

Hi Ken,

This is my problem... I don't have the same feature in the license file in my ESA and in my new XML..

Inside my ESA

Ironport FeatureKey SSH.png

Inside my XML

Ironport FeatureKey XML.png

It's ok like this or there are a way to collapse both?

You need to open a ticket with Global Licensing Operations via a TAC case to get them to generate the license with everything you've added.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/email-security/license-portal.html