cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cloud Web Security White-listing /w Wildcards?

ocsic25
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Based off my previous discussions with TAC it sounds as though white listing traffic destined for a specific URL on the ASA is not yet supported?  For example if I needed to white list the following two sites: abc.cisco.com & 123.cisco.com - I'd have to first know the correct prefix, then create separate/individual objects for each FQDN and add them to my ASA instead of simply creating a single entry for "*.cisco.com" - correct?

2 Replies 2

Shea Lambert
Level 1
Level 1

I haven't tried *.domain.com.  I add two entries: domain.com and .domain.com.  That is what has worked for me, but then again my WSA's are onsite.

Hi Shea,

I'm faced with the same issue as Chambeja25 where by I need to allow access to the whole of amazonaws.com domain.  I've tried your suggestion of *.amazonaws.com and .amazonaws.com and both entries can't be entered due to an error message.  I did try specifying amazonaws.com as a top level root domain entry, but this doesn't work as tested through a packed trace showing the access through a more open rule further down the rule base and not being captured by my specific rule added.

Please can you advise how you managed to enter both the *.domain.com and .domain.com entries.