jilahbg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

When a user tries to access a specific domain they get this error:

Category: Web Hosting

Reason: BLOCK-MALWARE

Threat Type: othermalware

Threat Reason: Domain reported and verified as serving malware. IP addresses are not typically used as legitimate web hosts.

Notification: WBRS

When I do a lookup I see that the WBRS-score for this domain is -7.1.

Which is the recommended solution to make an exception for this domain so that the users can reach it? I still want to scan traffic for malware, I just want to allow this specific url even though it has a low score. Is it possible?

Best regards

Jimmy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Illsley
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You can whitelist it, you'll need to create an Access Policy and disable the Web Reputation Filtering, final column.

Although it will be blocked for a reason, you might want to check SenderBase for more info:

http://www.senderbase.org/home

Thanks

Chris

Edit:  My recommended solution would be to not whitelist it and if it is important try and contact the site owner and get them to sort it out.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Illsley
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You can whitelist it, you'll need to create an Access Policy and disable the Web Reputation Filtering, final column.

Although it will be blocked for a reason, you might want to check SenderBase for more info:

http://www.senderbase.org/home

Thanks

Chris

Edit:  My recommended solution would be to not whitelist it and if it is important try and contact the site owner and get them to sort it out.

Thanks for the advice! To make a separate Access Policy and disable WBRS was the solution!

Or... The solution is of course not to allow traffic to that site and I have informed the customer that we should not use the whitelist-solution. However, sooner or late we end up in a situation where a url needs to be white-listed and now I know how to do that. :-)

Thanks for your prompt solution!

Regards Jimmy

No worries, can you mark this as answered, it makes it easier for other people when searching.

Cheers

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: