cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA AsyncOS for Web upgrade issue - Failed to upgrade (Reason: Invalid log subscription filenames).

CSCO10576352
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are attempting to upgrade our WSA's (S170 appliances):

From version 10.1.4-007 for Web

To Version: 10.1.5-004 for Web

We are encountering the below error upon starting the upgrade process (note that the new code has been pre-downloaded to the appliance from the WSA GUI prior to starting the upgrade):

From the CLI of the WSA I dont appear to have access to the shell commands in order to follow the instructions to check the invalid_log_subscription_filename_list.txt log file (i.e. cd/cat/more).

From checking the names of the log filenames from within the WSA GUI (Log subscriptions), none seemed to be named such that they are in violation of the naming convention mentioned in the error message below.

Has anyone encoutered or are able to advise on why we may be seeing this particular error and how to progress?

Thanks in advance for any help and assistance on this.

WSA2 fail upgrade.JPG

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post Log subscription screenshot for us to review, since it is complaining that Log subscription?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

CSCO10576352
Level 1
Level 1

After some further searching our current thinking is that we may be ruuning into this errror due to the cloud connector log file having whitespace in its name.

Ciswco bug CSCvo04278 seems to relate.

We have ammended this log file to be named cloud_connector_logs.

Will feedback if this resolves the upgrade error/issue.

yes some old naming convention not accept on the new async os, let us know how it goes.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

For anyone else who may run into this issue I can confirm the above action resolved the uprade error and allowed the new code to be installed successfully.

Hello CSCO10576352,

The error you are getting is because of the white spaces in the log subscription names. This should resolve the issue. If you are still facing issues with the upgrade let me know. The naming conventions have changed between 10.x and 11.x so when you upgrade the names on 10.x interfere with the upgrade process.

Regards

Shikha Grover

PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question