cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA Deny youtube and allow a specific channel and all it's video.

rafafilho11
Level 1
Level 1

WSA => Deny youtube and allow a specific channel and all it's videos.

Is it possible as the youtube URL is not anymore associated with his channel ? I mean the youtube URLs are dynamic ?

Or no way to do that just block all the youtube and allow just videos that I want, adding video by video ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes that is correct, that is limitation. there is other way around to make more complex Python script to automatically check and add.(but dont want to mess with until it proven)

So short answer that is solution only available now as  per my experience.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WSA => Deny youtube and allow a specific channel and all it's videos.

yes possible check the below guide 

Is it possible as the youtube URL is not anymore associated with his channel ? I mean the youtube URLs are dynamic ?

if the URL changing dynamically, this need to add manually everytime changes. (this is limiation, and no proxy aware and pickup dynmaic URL)

Or no way to do that just block all the youtube and allow just videos that I want, adding video by video ?

check below guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/web-security-appliance/118130-configure-wsa-00.html

BB

So, currently is no way to block all Youtube videos and allow just a specific channel and its videos, because the URLs are dynamic on youtube ? In order to do that is needed to add URL one by one for each video that is needed to watch.

yes that is correct, that is limitation. there is other way around to make more complex Python script to automatically check and add.(but dont want to mess with until it proven)

So short answer that is solution only available now as  per my experience.

BB