Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA File reputation service is unreachable

spacemeb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are experiencing a weird issue regarding the amp of an WSA.

Several times a week, we observe "file reputation server is unreachable" messages.

We tried to telnet the corresponding cisco servers and we saw that the connections are successful. Therefore, we know that it's not a network related issue.

When we performed a packet capture for traffic destined to file reputation server for almost an hour, we realized that the no traffic has been captured. We are not certain if this was coincidence or we should run the capture on a certain time or a day.

On amp logs, we observed that the file analysis is occurring without issues. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

spacemeb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It's better to have the capture running for almost a day, to be certain that no traffic is being captured before you conclude that there is no communication.

Also, the errors in my case were temporary not consecutive, so there was no issue.

Hope it helped the next guy/gal who will investigate a similar issue.

Cheers,

MEB

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you check ? with right interface it using ? when you to telnet is this using Management or P1 or P2 (outside interface to go out ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

spacemeb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply.

When I telnet, I am using an explicit interface that we have (neither management nor P1/P2)

spacemeb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It's better to have the capture running for almost a day, to be certain that no traffic is being captured before you conclude that there is no communication.

Also, the errors in my case were temporary not consecutive, so there was no issue.

Hope it helped the next guy/gal who will investigate a similar issue.

Cheers,

MEB