Helpful
Replies

WSA Issue with VPN Traffic and MS-OUTLOOK

das.soumen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am facing a issue where

1. My users are able to access their mail from the web page, but ms-outlook is not able to sync the mail.

2. Our internal user connects to external site through VPN, the user is able to establish the VPN connection, but the web-page user tries to access through VPN is not available. I can see the traffic from the user to WSA in the Firewall, but the traffic from WSA is not forwarding the traffic after this.

Kindly suggest. As it is new case, i needmore help from everyone.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tao Yang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please run grep command in WSA CLI to get the corresponding access logs to see the behaviour of WSA when handling the request.

To grep the access logs for an entry, SSH into the WSA and run the following command from the CLI:

1. Grep
2. Enter the number of the log you wish to grep: 1 (for accesslogs)
3. Enter the regular expression to grep: <client IP>.*<url accessed>
4. Do you want this search to be case insensitive?: Y
5. Do you want to tail the logs?: Y
6. Do you want to paginate the output?: N

Please keep in mind WSA is receiving traffic passively and please ensure those kind of traffic will be sent to WSA before we confirm it is a WSA issue or not.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Tao Yang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please run grep command in WSA CLI to get the corresponding access logs to see the behaviour of WSA when handling the request.

To grep the access logs for an entry, SSH into the WSA and run the following command from the CLI:

1. Grep
2. Enter the number of the log you wish to grep: 1 (for accesslogs)
3. Enter the regular expression to grep: <client IP>.*<url accessed>
4. Do you want this search to be case insensitive?: Y
5. Do you want to tail the logs?: Y
6. Do you want to paginate the output?: N

Please keep in mind WSA is receiving traffic passively and please ensure those kind of traffic will be sent to WSA before we confirm it is a WSA issue or not.