cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Before the meeting setting up an alternate host or cohost

lori.garin
Level 1
Level 1

I have recurring meetings I need to make other people the alternate host or cohost for. 

These people do not have WebEx accounts at my site. They often have WebEx accounts at a different site. 

1. Is it possible to make them a host, cohost, or alternate host if they have a WebEx account at another WebEx? 

2. Does a host key help with this? I can see that for recurring meetings the host key will change for security reasons. 

3. What are the options and or limitations for making someone else a cohost or alternate host? 

2 Replies 2

1. Is it possible to make them a host, cohost, or alternate host if they have a WebEx account at another WebEx? 

While scheduling the meeting, you cannot add them as cohost. You can make them Cohost during the meeting from participant list.

2. Does a host key help with this? I can see that for recurring meetings the host key will change for security reasons. 

Share the Host key with the person who will be hosting the meeting behalf of you. Host key Will be the same for recurring meetings.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/WBX51079/Is-There-a-Way-for-Someone-to-Conduct-My-Meeting-if-they-do-not-Have-a-Host-Account?

Response Signature

Hi Nithin, 

Thank you so much for advising. 

So, if I am understanding correctly, if I take care of the process specified in the link you included, I can have someone host a meeting without my being present in the meeting. This is true even if they do not have a WebEx account. Is this correct? 

Thank you!!