cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can no longer disable meetings must have a password?

Karl Reischl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I noticed that All meetings must have a password was checked again and it is now greyed out.  I swear we disabled this before but we didn't document if we did it or not.  We do not want passwords for meetings (vs. events and training).  How do I disable this at the site level?

webex.PNG

#

1 Accepted Solution

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Passwords are now mandatory as of 39.10

Mandatory Password Enforcement
The most effective step to strengthen the security of your meetings is to create a strong password. Passwords protect against unauthorized attendance, so only users with access to the password can join the meeting.

Starting from Jan. 10, 2020, all latest Webex sites are going to be configured to automatically add passwords for any new meetings, events, or training sessions. Lockdown sites aren't affected.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Passwords are now mandatory as of 39.10

Mandatory Password Enforcement
The most effective step to strengthen the security of your meetings is to create a strong password. Passwords protect against unauthorized attendance, so only users with access to the password can join the meeting.

Starting from Jan. 10, 2020, all latest Webex sites are going to be configured to automatically add passwords for any new meetings, events, or training sessions. Lockdown sites aren't affected.

Wow - I religiously read the release notes, or so I thought.  Thanks for the information.