Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Chat history disappeared or stuck in the loading (...) - Webex app

Hi, 

Past few days the Webex app unable to load the chat history for myself and my users. but today morning i noticed that all my chat history disappeared and its looks like new window without any messages in any of the chat room (direct and spaces). 

Is there anything going on the background cloud level? Is there anyone else experience the same issue? how do i get my historical chats.

image.png

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

I found the reason behind it. 

my colleague made the changes in the control hub for retention period. I reverted the changes to 30 days and messages are appearing from yesterday in the direct message and spaces. The default retention period is indefinite. 

Any data (chat messages/contents(file, link, white board) ) will be permanently delete from the Webex depends on your retention period. The exception is the contents of a legal hold users. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

I found the reason behind it. 

my colleague made the changes in the control hub for retention period. I reverted the changes to 30 days and messages are appearing from yesterday in the direct message and spaces. The default retention period is indefinite. 

Any data (chat messages/contents(file, link, white board) ) will be permanently delete from the Webex depends on your retention period. The exception is the contents of a legal hold users. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.