cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Meetings keeps opening itself every couple hours

RobertKerr39381
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Webex Meetings client version 40.2.17.17 on Windows 10 desktop. 

Preferences | General -> both boxes are unchecked.

Even when I have no meetings for the day, and when I completely exit out of the application from system tray, it still opens periodically on its own. What configuration will stop this behavior?

1 Accepted Solution

husali
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi RobertKerr39381,

I noticed the same issue in version 40.2.17 but once I upgraded my Meetings client version to 40.4.10.8, I no longer have that issue.

HTH,

Hussain

Response Signature

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

markchristy
Level 1
Level 1

Amazing, every entry to this topic has no fix from Cisco. Unless I missed something that is apathetic. To add to the confusion on this (maybe I need education), when I go to Win10 Gear, Apps, it is under "Cisco Webe...", I was looking for "Web...". Found that and deleted the desktop app. I also deleted the WebEx recorder and player. If you are not going to fix this (which is apparent at least in this post), it is creepy and in this day and age, suspicious... waiting for official reply now...

VARGHESE1508
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure why you ask to keep updating the app, I've tried redownloading it multiple times and it changes nothing.

I've currently disabled the app on startup. (Why does it open on startup in the first place?) It still opens itself all the time and there are multiple Cisco WebEx tasks in my task manager. Half of my friends face the same issue. This is intrusive behavior and is cause for concern, and is not acceptable for a company like Cisco or stable widely used app like WebEx.

I couldn't find any viable solutions online. so please revert at the earliest.

I think I found the cause of the problem - it's opening before meetings. Disabled meeting notifactions and now crossing my fingers but agree it's intrusive as: 1) I never selected to have it link to my calendar, I just used it to join a webinar. 2) I can not unselect the link to my calendar.

husali
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi RobertKerr39381,

I noticed the same issue in version 40.2.17 but once I upgraded my Meetings client version to 40.4.10.8, I no longer have that issue.

HTH,

Hussain

Response Signature

This is not the solution. I have always had webex disabled from loading on startup and have version 41.3.5.8, and it still opens by itself everyday randomly. Pretty creepy and makes me want to uninstall it.

Hi @RobertKerr39381,

Thank you for posting your question in the community. :)

Did updating Meetings to the newest version solve the issue for you? There are others who seem to have this issue, and I want to make sure we find a solution :)

Thanks for being a part of the community!

Response Signature

Hi @Cole Callahan 

I'm also experiencing this problem with the latest version (40.4.10.8) on windows 10.

Thanks

Jo

husali
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi JoBoj,

Is the app showing enabled or disabled in Task Manager - StartUp?

Regards,

Hussain

Response Signature

JOHN.J.BURNS
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem! Has anyone found a solution yet?

My details: 

My Webex Desktop App keeps launching periodically on its own, even when not and I have no upcoming scheduled meetings. I am running Windows 10 and Webex is not listed in my list of applications to run at Startup

My current Webex configuration is: Preferences | General --> both of the boxes are unchecked

- Always show Cisco Webex Meetings desktop app panel on top of desktop [UNCHECKED]

- Start Cisco Webex Meetings desktop app when Windows starts [UNCHECKED]

aamirakulov
Level 1
Level 1

The same question is here! it launches randomly annoying users who do not use it.